So, I finally finished something besides a hat. In this picture, I am wearing a slightly modified version of the Keeping it Simple Stockinette Cowl because I did not have as much yarn as I thought I did.
You see, once upon a time there was this amazingly gorgeous Blue Sky Alpaca yarn and a herringbone cowl. I love the herringbone look, but this yarn and the way I’d done up the original project just weren’t working for me, so I was on the look out for the right pattern to frog and reuse the yarn. And I found it!
You might have heard it’s been a wee bit snowy and cold in the Northeast recently, so I cast this on late last week and sewed the last button on it Monday morning, just in time to wear it! 🙂 (I’ll Soak it, but in this case, I’m not too concerned about blocking it)
Now, you may recall from a couple of paragraphs back that I said it was slightly modified and indeed it is. In the original pattern, she has the ends joined together, but because I’m a dingy and I had less yarn than I thought, I was trying to figure out a way to end it smaller and still make it work.
I ended up doing a row of buttons instead and think it works perfectly. You can even see yours truly in the picture. 🙂